The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Polytechnics (SSSANIP) and the Non-Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic (NASU) all of Ogun State Institute of Technology, Igbesa have threatened to paralyze all academics and administrative activities if the Management continues to show flagrant disregard for the Unions agitations put before the Management over the years.
In a jointly signed Minute extract of a meeting of the three Unions held today Wednesday 8th February, 2023 at the school of environmental studies. The Unions affirmed their resolve to shut down all academics and administrative activities if the Management fails to address all their long overdue agitations. Listing some of their agitations as;
1) CONTISS’15 Migration
2) Salary arrears for part of 2009, 2010, and 2011.
3) Non-remittance of Contributory pension for over 40 months and Counterpart pension fund accruing to over 80 months. While some staffers’ pensions are deducted without PFA’S.( Please note that non-remittance of pension is not only criminal but a jailable offense in the pension reform acts.)
4) Revitalization Fund, failure to follow all stipulated guidelines for accessing the fund by the Presidential Implementation Monitoring committee. Calling for immediate Constitution of the Budget Monitoring Committee.
5) Non-remittance of All Dues deducted from salaries: the Unions seriously frown at the Management’s decision not to remit appropriately the deducted dues from their members salaries. In the minute extract the Unions registered their displeasure and calls for the immediate release of their check-off and all other dues such as the Muslim non-interest supportive Fund, Christmas savings, Staff Multipurpose Cooperative Society, OGITECH Academics staff cooperative multipurpose society….etc
6) Unconducive Teaching and learning environment due to non-availability of power supply which also hindered administrative productivity.
The prayers vehemently stated that the Unions are ready for a showdown with the Management if all of their demands are not met by the end of February as they have resolved not to accept any promissory note but at least 85% actions on all their agitations.
Calling on the State Governor to intervene and ensure all of their agitations are resolved amicably without having to truncate the smooth academic calendar the institute is known for.
The minute extract was signed by the Chairmen of the three Unions. Comr. Gafar Oluwasegun Quadri, ACE (ASUP), ComrAka Lawal (SSANIP), And Comr. Kasali S. Bamidele (NASU).
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vantage News Nigeria or any employee thereof.