The summer transfer market has almost come to an end and clubs especially in the top European leagues are making frantic efforts to close down deals before 12am.
Nottingham Forest are set to sign Michy Bathsuayi from Chelsea, reports Fabrizio Romano.
- Chelsea have agreed a loan for Juventus midfielder Denis Zakaria and he is undergoing a medical in Turin,
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set for a Premier League return after Chelsea agreed a deal with Barcelona for the forward.
- Aston Villa have rejected Arsenal’s improved offer for midfielder Douglas Luiz worth £23m.
- Liverpool are close to completing the loan signing of Brazil midfielder Arthur Melo from Juventus on loan.
- Leeds winger Daniel James is set for a Premier League switch as he undergoes a medical with Fulham.
Toffees table late Brereton Diaz offer
Everton have tried to trump Fulham with a late attempt to sign Blackburn for striker Ben Brereton Diaz.
Both Premier League clubs have had a long-standing interest in the player, but the negotiations had reached a stalemate.
But now, Everton’s interest has been crystallised after they failed to agree a deal with Watford for striker Joao Pedro, who the Hornets demanded £30m for.
Sky Sports News has been told Everton have returned to discussions with Blackburn officials, in the hope of being able to structure a deal that suits Everton, and that Blackburn are prepared to accept.
Blackburn don’t want to sell Brereton Diaz, especially at this late stage in the window when it’s too late to get a replacement. But it’s understood a bid of £15-20m would have to be taken seriously by the owners.
Currently, that figure is more than either Fulham or Everton are prepared to pay, but lines of communication remain open with Blackburn.
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vantage News Nigeria or any employee thereof.