The Nigerian Railway Corporation on Tuesday said seven crew members who were on the ill-fated Abuja-Kaduna train are still missing.
According to the NRC, it had still not been able to establish contact with 163 passengers that boarded the train last that was attacked on Monday, March 28, 2022.
Fidet Okhiria, the Managing Director of NRC, while giving update on the issue, revealed that 191 passengers had been confirmed safe by their families.
Okhiria added that the rail track affected by the terrorist attack was already being repaired.
He said, “191 persons on the manifest are now confirmed safe and at their various homes. Additional five persons confirmed safe today.
“46 phone numbers on the manifest are still either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 33 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but still no response from the other end.
“62 phone numbers on the manifest when called response non-existent. 22 persons are reported missing by their relatives. Eight persons confirmed dead.”
Commenting on the crew members that were on the trains, he said, “There were a total of 20 train crew on board. Seven (are) NRC staff, five are okay and two are missing.
“10 janitors, six are okay, three missing and one dead. Of the three onboard caterers, one is okay and two are missing.”
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vantage News Nigeria or any employee thereof.