The National Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the calendar for political activities ahead of the 2023 general elections.
VANTAGE NEWS reports that the calendar consists of political activities relating to the presidential and gubernatorial elections in the country next year.
The commission will from March 2022, give guidelines to all political parties to conduct primary elections that will produce flagbearers.
The calendar showed that the elections will be held in February 2023.
See the calendar below
1. Consultation continues January: 1-31
2. Intensive consultation continues February: 1-28
3. March: INEC gives guideline for aspirants, candidates, parties in respect of congress, primary election and campaign.
4. April: Campaign for Presidential and Gubernatorial elections.
5. May: Party Congresses.
6. June: Party Primary Elections.
7. July: Petitions on Primary elections.
8. August: Court of Appeal hearing on Primary elections conducted.
9. September: Supreme Court verdict on all Primary elections. Candidates & winners for Presidential & Gubernatorial flag bearer of Parties contesting.
10. October: Aggressive campaign by candidates/Parties across the federation.
11. November: Campaign continues.
12. December: Peace Accord signed by all presidential and Gubernatorial candidates.
13. February 2023: Presidential and National Assembly elections
14. March 2023: Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections.
15. Plan your Calendar for 2022 with this on your mind. Cheers. RELEASES CALENDAR FOR CAMPAIGNS OVER 2023 PRESIDENTIAL AND GUBERNITORIAL ELECTIONS
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vantage News Nigeria or any employee thereof.